Lessons learnt

I didn't even buy this, it was too expensive xD

I learnt many things during my visit to Bandung. At first i thought all i'd get from going there was just awesome clothes from shopping a lot. But no. That's not all. I didn't only learn how to be smart in spending the limited money that i brought along with me, but i learnt things that are far more important. I can guarantee that when i come back to Malaysia, i will be a better person.

I learnt to be more appreciative of what i have and where i came from.

Some people forget how lucky they are to live in such comfortable houses while thousands here sleep next to the road. If they're lucky, they would get to find some shelter made out of junk. Some people forget how lucky they are to be able to eat decent food every day while many people here struggle every day just to survive. And yet we sometimes tend to waste food. Some people forget how lucky they are to be able to go to school and get proper education. Meanwhile, many kids here walk on the streets carrying heavy stuff on their shoulders in hope that people would buy the stuff they're carrying so that they could feed their family. Some people complain about how they don't get enough allowance from their parents. Teens here have to sing to tourists to earn a few cents each time, if they're lucky.

I wish i could bring a million dollars and give a hundred bucks to every kid or old person who are struggling but still haven't given up on life. That would've at least lessen their burden. But since i'm not rich, all i can do is pray for those struggling in their life. Pray that Allah will always guide and protect them. Other than that, pray that all their efforts will soon pay off. And not to forget, always praise Allah for everything that He has given us. We're extremely lucky to even have a family.

It's okay to wear fancy clothes, eat amazing food, live in big houses and buy expensive things. Just don't forget how lucky you are and be thankful to the One who gave it to you. It's not hard just to say Alhamdulillah every time you wake up and every time you go to bed. Just being able to walk on this fascinating world is a gift from Him. So cherish it. Don't purposely do stupid things that leave a permanent mark. They say teens should just go and make mistakes while they're still young. But i don't believe that's a good principal. Because we don't know when it's our turn to go, and what if we won't have time to correct our mistakes?

So peeps, that's what i learnt. I'm thankful that i was born a Muslim. I'm thankful I have a very loving and supportive family. I'm thankful i have amazing friends who are always there for me. I'm thankful for wearing decent clothes, and getting all these luxurious things in my life. I'm thankful to Allah to still be breathing and still having the chance to be a better person. Alhamdulillah.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Kamalia Hasni's books on Goodreads
An Ocean of Grey An Ocean of Grey
reviews: 71
ratings: 151 (avg rating 4.40)

A Wave of Dreams A Wave of Dreams
reviews: 14
ratings: 30 (avg rating 4.43)

Booktube