battling the fake walls


my heart is a fragile thing, even when i claim to the world that it has strong walls around it, that it's impenetrable. i feel its fragility when you look at me, and when you see something in me that i've never had the courage to take credit for. i feel it battling against the fake walls around it, the ones that i put up to fool myself into believing that i could never truly fall in love. i feel it, and i am afraid. i am afraid that it isn't even my poor fragile heart that you yearn, that it is just my old habit of being naive and childishly hopeful. tell me that i am wrong, so that i can be sure of my feelings, and of yours, and of what we could have. or tell me that i am right, that it is just me and that there isn't some connection between us, so that i can have some peace and let you go and begin my search elsewhere.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Kamalia Hasni's books on Goodreads
An Ocean of Grey An Ocean of Grey
reviews: 71
ratings: 151 (avg rating 4.40)

A Wave of Dreams A Wave of Dreams
reviews: 14
ratings: 30 (avg rating 4.43)

Booktube